I've been distracted for the past six weeks, but some minis have happened since I last blogged:1. The matchboxes I ordered from the UK arrived and I finally managed to finish this year's calendars.
2. I made time to visit the new display of miniature books in The Treasures Gallery of the National Library of Australia.
3. I caught up with a friend who had mini goodies for me that she bought while on a recent Disney adventure.
4. I sort-of made a scene with a postcard insert advertising Janine's new range of fabrics which was included in the latest issue of Uppercase (I think it would make great cheater fabric for mini quilts, don't you?).
5. I discovered that Typo is now selling battery operated light-up marquee light keyrings, so just had to add an A to my collection...6. The Parental Units visited for a couple of weeks. My mum wanted to see some trees so I showed her my favourite ones...
7. Because The Parental Units were in town, I didn't make it to The Sydney Show this year. I wasn't too disappointed as I figure I have more than enough stash to keep me going for quite some time, but am looking forward to reading about the displays in the next issue of The tiny Times, as there didn't seem to be very much coverage on social media this year.
8. While The Parentals were here, I did manage to buy a couple of miniature-related items: an empty beauty set case ($4 from the op shop), which I'm contemplating making a mini hairdressers in to give to my hairdresser. And two metal ornaments from the half-price rack at the National Museum of Australia shop ($4.50 for both).